Getting an Orlando roofing estimate is something every FL home or business owner should do before agreeing to having roofing work done. Not doing so can lead to going over-budget from unforeseen fees. Getting an Orlando free roofing estimate done will also allow you to meet and converse with the contractor you choose before they get to work. This way, you can get an idea of what they are like and how they deal with their customers. When your roofer is coming to give you an Orlando free roofing estimate, ask them the following important questions. The answers should determine whether it’s worth hiring them for the job.
What to Ask a Roofer Before an Orlando Free Roofing Estimate
- Do you have a license and/or insurance? If the roofer isn’t insured, you could be held liable for medical expenses from injuries that may occur to the workers on your property. The contractor’s license should also be in good standing for your municipality.
- How safety-conscious are your workers? Listen for specific measures that are taken to ensure worker safety (harnesses, heavy equipment, etc.).
- What are your references? Try to get two or three references of past jobs and then check them out. You should examine the work in person, as well as ask homeowners if the roofing projects were completed on time and at a cost in accordance with the Orlando free roofing estimate.
- Will you obtain the proper permits? Most neighborhoods or municipalities require some type of permit before embarking on a roofing job. If the contractor refuses to handle the procurement of these permits, you should definitely take your business elsewhere.
- What are your payment terms? Ask what forms of payment the Orlando roofing contractor accepts. More importantly, ask about any deposits that are necessary. Any deposit shouldn’t be more than about 10% of the total estimate, or be paid until the materials arrive at the work site. If an Orlando roofer demands cash up front, stay away!
- What may cause a variance from the price listed in the estimate? Though they can’t predict the future, a good Orlando roofing contractor can list possible issues that may result in the job costing more such as discovering extensive water damage underneath an old roof, for example.
- How long will the job take? The Orlando roofing contractor should not only give you a timeline for the project’s completion, but also outline his policy for weather-related delays. Also, find out if the contractor will start on any other jobs before your roofing project is completed.
- Will you be subcontracting any of the work? If so, get all of the pertinent information about the subcontractors (name, license, insurance, etc.). Then make sure you find out specifically who will be overseeing the actual work on-site.
- What are the relevant warranties? Roofing materials will come with product warranties. But you should also inquire about whether the contractor guarantees the labor and installation itself. Reputable NJ roofers will stand behind their work with a labor warranty.
- In what condition will you leave the property? Make sure the Orlando roofer agrees to clean up all shingle pieces, wood remnants, and other assorted debris before he departs. That’s part of what you’re paying them for.
Looking for an Orlando Free Roofing Estimate?
Look no further than Deegan Roofing for all of your gutter and roof repairs, installations, and services. Family owned and operated, Deegan Roofing has been providing the Orlando area with impeccable customer service and amazing products for over 25 years. For all your Orlando gutter and roof needs, be sure to contact Deegan Roofing today at 407-363-0115 or visit the website.